First thing to keep in mind is not to panic. Mold is a fungal infection that can cause a variety of symptoms, including leaf discoloration, yellowing of leaves and stems, loss of foliage, or even death of the plant. If you suspect mold on your plant, it’s best to take it to your local garden center to have it checked out by a professional.

You can also contact your state’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DACS) at 1- or visit their website at for more information. You can also contact your state’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DACS) at 1- or visit their website at for more information.

Recommended video below

Should I remove mold from houseplant soil?

Remove the moldy patches and apply cinnamon as a natural fungicide, or replace all of the soil with fresh soil from your garden. Cinnamon can also be used as an insect repellent. Place a small amount of cinnamon in a spray bottle and spray the affected area with the spray. The spray will kill any insects that are attracted to the cinnamon.

Why does my indoor plant soil have mold?

The main cause of mold growth in container plants is over watering. Happy spores are more likely to be found in soil that is constantly moist. If your plant’s soil is 8 inches deep, don’t water it until the top is dry.

If you’re growing in a pot that’s too small for your plants, you’ll need to increase the size of your container. You can do this by adding more potting soil or by using a larger pot. If you want to grow more than one plant in the same pot, make sure you have enough space for each plant.

Is white mold on soil good for plants?

A white mold growing over the surface of a houseplant is a harmless saprophytic fungus. The fungus doesn’t damage the plant, but it is ugly and indicates something isn’t right with the soil.

White mold can be caused by a number of factors, including poor drainage, soil that is too dry, or a combination of the two. If you suspect that your plant is suffering from mold, you should contact your local garden center for advice.

Does cinnamon prevent mold?

Among essential oils that are harmless to humans, cinnamon oil is one that is extremely effective at killing mold. It’s one of the strongest mold killing oils, and it also has anti-fungal properties. Cinnamon oil has been used for thousands of years as an antiseptic.

It’s also a natural fungicide, which means that it kills mold spores, fungi, bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other micro-organisms that cause disease and infections. You can even use it to remove mold from the inside of your home by soaking it in warm water and then rinsing it off with warm soapy water.

Can plant mold make you sick?

For people sensitive to mold, inhaling or touching mold spores can cause allergic reactions, including sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. People with serious mold allergies may experience more severe reactions, such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and loss of appetite. If you suspect you have a mold allergy, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.

What is a natural antifungal for soil?

Sprinkle cinnamon on the soil once per week. Don’t use too much cinnamon as it can cause root growth to be disrupted. Cinnamon can also be used as a foliar spray, but be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions for proper application.

Will cinnamon hurt my plants?

Even with its strong smell, cinnamon will not hurt the plants. It’s antibacterial qualities can help to prevent mold from appearing on the soil surface, and it will not hurt plants.

Is cinnamon toxic to plants?

Don’t be concerned, it won’t hurt your plants. The chemical rooting hormone that they sell in the big box store is much more expensive than cinnamon. Before you plant it, apply cinnamon powder to the stem and allow the cutting to dry slightly. This will help the plant to root faster. Cinnamon is a great addition to your garden.

How do you get rid of mold on indoor plants?

Vinegar is a proven method for destroying mold and eliminating pesky white spots from your plants. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a quart of water, and spray onto your infected leaves and stems. When all traces of mold have been eliminated, repeat every few days.

Rate this post
You May Also Like